We all are accustomed to the normal pregnancy where the fertilized egg gets attached with the uterus lining and overtime develops into a fetus. Ectopic pregnancy is also similar but here the fertilized egg gets attached to the outer cavity of the uterus. This is a serious condition and can have devastating consequences in the form of damaged fertilized eggs and tissues, life-threatening bleeding to name a few. IVF doctors in Siliguri always urge their patients to come for frequent screenings so that they can identify the position of the fertilized egg in order to reduce the possibilities of such complications.
This article showcases all the aspects associated with ectopic pregnancy in order to raise awareness to the readers about this grave condition along with a short description featuring the best IVF doctor in Siliguri.
Table of Content:
1. What are the causes and symptoms of this condition?
2. What are the diagnosis and treatment procedures used for the condition?
3. Dr. Prasenjit Kr. Roy
What are the causes and symptoms of this condition?
There are numerous causes and symptoms of this condition. Some of these include-
1. Tubal pregnancy is the predominant cause of this condition. In tubal pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets blocked on its path of reaching the uterus. This however causes much damage to the shape of the fallopian tube and can give rise to many other such complications.
2. Hormonal imbalance and irregular growth of fertilized egg also play a major factor in the appearance of this condition.
3. If the patient has suffered from this condition before.
4. Infection or inflammation caused by different sexually transmitted diseases.
5. Recently done tubal surgery.
6. Frequent Smoking
1. Most common symptoms are a missed period, breast tenderness, and nausea.
2. The symptoms become clearer with the growth of the misplaced fertilized egg.
3. You may also observe light vaginal bleeding and pelvic pain.
4. Frequent suffering from fainting or shoulder pain.
Apart from these, there might be some other emergency serious such as heavy bleeding inside the abdomen and a feeling of sudden shock. But the symptom normally depends on where the blood is collected and which nerves are triggered.
What are the diagnosis and treatment procedures used for the condition?
There are various diagnosis and treatment procedures used for this process. Some of these include-
1. Pregnancy tests
2. Different blood tests
3. Ultrasound screening
1. Using various medications such as methotrexate.
2. Using laparoscopic procedures such as salpingostomy and salpingectomy.
3. Surgeries such as laparotomy are used for emergency purposes.
Dr. Prasenjit Kr. Roy
He is credited as the best IVF doctor in Siliguri who has years of experience in treating patients with such grave conditions. His expertise in this field has helped many patients to overcome this dangerous condition and restore their normal life.
Conditions like these should be diagnosed in the early stages in order to reduce complications.